Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The End Has Come For My XBOX!


I think it's done for sure this time. I got the ring of death... again. I got it once about a year ago, and paid a friend of a friend to mod it and fix it. He did and it worked great for about a year... now its dead again. So I started looking up ways to fix it myself on the net and if any of you have ever done this, it's not the easiest task sifting through the shit if you know what I mean. I tried a few different ways with a friend of mine and none of them worked. We tried cleaning off the GPU and CPU with thermal cleaner and reapplying new thermal paste, not the cheap shit Mirosoft used. Heating it up after and letting the solder reapply or whatever thats supposed to do. It didn't work. Tried covering up all the parts in tinfoil and heating up the gpu with a heatgun lol. None of those worked they only got it down to 2 lights in the ring instead of 3. They say that not all of the RROD issues are fixable. I think mine is past is nine lives. If it were a cat I mean.

Well looks like I'll be in the market for a new one in the near future so I can play all the games I have.. Good thing I beat Fable II before it shat. Leave any comments if any of you have experienced RROD or other XBOX issues

No comments: